First we want to extend our sincere gratitude and appreciation for all of your support and patience in 2018.
Thanks to our beta testers, the latest releases of SKYBOX are stable and with good performance.
Right now, we are developing the v0.2.2 and plan to release it officially in late January.
Since our user base is growing, we are looking for more beta testers with Oculus Go / Gear VR.
In v0.2.2, we will introduce the Global Setting and make it more comfortable for you to watch videos while lying down.
Here are the features we want to test in v0.2.2:
- [Feature] Global Setting
a. Language (de/en/es/fr/ja-JP/ko-KR/ru/zh-CN/zh-TW)
b. Clear history cache
c. Adjust fast forward/backward interval
d. Allow 3-rd party application to set SKYBOX as default player (only available on Gear VR)
e. AirScreen Auto Connect
f. Display time & battery info on the play panel
g. Change to 60Hz refresh rate when playback videos
- [Feature] Support swipe up/down on controller to adjust distance in 180/360 videos
- [Feature] Scrollbar
- [Feature] Refresh button on local directory and AirScreen
- [Feature] Click to switch between full length info and remaining length info (on the right of the play panel)
- [Feature] Add filename recognition for Youtube 360 #EAC360 and Youtube 180 #F180#VR180
- [Feature] Add video frame rate info when fast click "CHANNELS" for five times
- [Optimization] Screen follow slowly when using "Lock Screen"
- [Optimization] "Click here to reset view" to pan the screen left/right
If you signed up for the previous round, you do not have to sign up again. Simply update your SKYBOX from the Oculus Store after the Beta Release.
If you are interested in becoming a beta tester, please send your Oculus registered email to us at email@example.com with a title BETA TEST & Oculus Go / Gear VR.
If you no longer wish to be a beta tester, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will remove you from the beta tester list right away.
To be a beta tester can be rough sometimes because the new features or upgrade could influence you negatively depending on your own usage patterns. So please don't get too mad and just talk to me I'm sure we will solve it for you very quickly.
For Language Volunteers, we desperately need a hand for checking our "Google-translated" wording in French/Japanese/Korean/German/Russian/Spanish/Traditional Chinese.
If you are interested, please send us an email with a title Language Help at email@example.com indicating your language specialty and we will send more infos to you.
We thank you for your support and MOST IMPORTANTLY, we hope you have fun and enjoy SKYBOX :p