Since Plex VR is dead I have moved to Skybox. Overall very happy and unlike most software I use, it just works and works well. However there are a few missing features that are sorely needed. I'm a software developer myself, and most of these are really simple things to implement:
1) Delete files on SMB shares.
2) Ability to show not only movies but images.
3) Ability to display txt files. Dont need to read large ones, but often the source files I'm reviewing have accompanying notes in .txt files or notes other editors have made.
4) Show folders as a tree, and files in a separate list. Each time I go into a folder, and then come back up Skybox resets the scrolling to the top which is VERY annoying. A tree would solve this but also improve the functionality.
5) Auto detect on 3D files does not always work. When I set the proper settings it should save this somewhere and remember it. Can save in a local file on my headset matched by path and filename that stores these preferences.
6) "real fast forward"... read ahead and buffer so that when I want to skip ahead it can just increase the play speed instead of jumping.
7) A faster way to move to next video instead of having to bring up the hover menu and then clicking next.