Now that your free competitor decided to kill itself by removing support for DLNA, here are some feature requests for SKYBOX from a migrating customer:
- exit button from the application - simple request, but without this you need to use the other controller to activate the oculus button for killing the application
- tutorial says pause is on buttons B/Y, but those buttons bring you to the "living room". A/X shows the player controller, so the pause button is missing
- two settings for skip size, depending on skip direction - typically forward skip could be 30 seconds and backward 10 seconds. Bigger jumps forward, more granular backwards
- global setting for preventing population of the history list - either hide the history view completely or do not populate the list. Yes, there is the clear and confirm, but the whole view is not needed if the history is always empty
- global setting for starting the video always from the beginning of the file - might be related to the history view
- button to reset the screen adjust (or only the zoom) to default values in the player view - one click less. zoom often get messed when you skip forward and backwards
- button to re-center the view in the player - this might have been in the tutorial, but I can't find the tutorial anymore. Only pressing oculus button works at the moment. And that button is only available on the other controller.
Most of the above requests are convenience type of requests for often needed functions. There are workarounds for some of these. Of course there is not much space available on the player for additional buttons, so there could be a settings for choosing which buttons you want on the player. Mostly I do not need subtitles/tracks, so I could use that space for "reset zoom" or "re-center view". There might be other preferences for other often used shortcuts.